At first I thought I could maybe come up with 8 interesting things about me to share, but the longer I worked on the list the more it became just 8 things about me. I had to struggle to actually come up with 8 things period, but I am nothing if not stubborn so here are 8 things.
- when I was a young teen I used to sneak my mother's romance novels from her room and search for the sex.
- from when I was 4 until I was 8 I lived in germany. I spoke german idiomatically (purely in self defense, we lived in a german village and all of my friends were german) but remember virtually none of it. whenever I struggle for a word in any foreign language now, german pops to the top. I have learned (and mostly forgotten) german, spanish, pidgeon greek, and arabic - so far.
- I have long white nose hairs that I have to pluck. (related to this?)
- I have recently pretended to remember someone when I didn't have a clue. (I have a terrible memory for names, too.)
- I am told that I am distantly related to Jimmy Carter (via the marriage of a (now deceased) great aunt). I haven't presumed on that supposed relationship, but I would dearly love to meet him.
- I hate to perpetuate a stereotype, but I think farts are funny. And I have denied that it was me, even though it was.
- Once, when I was in college, I had "exclusive" relationships with 3 women at the same time. (I am not particularly proud of that, and have not done so since.)
- I will tell you that your supper was excellent even if I had trouble choking it down. ('cause my momma raised me right.)