Wednesday, December 19, 2007

oh, the weather outside is frightful

3 days before we take off for Kansas City and Laura is in her usual pre-trip "ohmygodthiswholehouseisamessitneedstobecleanedtoptobottomorIwon'tcomehome" panic. This means she alternates between full-bore cleaning mode to oh, what's the use it'll never get done.

We do this every time. I admit, it takes a good bit of patience on my part. I do what I'm told, stay busy when she is, and when she bounces the other way I jolly her out of it and keep on working. It makes the week before we go anywhere, ah, hectic, but I will admit that we come home to a clean slate.

Up until the clean-a-thon began I've been mostly working on cars, stuff that Laura's been saving up for me. I guess I left the last of Bahrain behind me Saturday when it rained all. day. long. (The last thing I fixed was the windshield wipers). AND - they're predicting snow for Saturday in Kansas City.

Things are back to normal.

8 deeply creased, dogeared comment(s):

amusing said...

Gee, do you guys hire yourself out? My house is a disaster and my car could use new windshield wipers....

Bob said...

the bob and laura show is still in it's first run, there isn't a road show yet.

oh, and I did windshield wipers this week too.

Anonymous said...

A white Christmas. Perfect.

I always like to come home to a clean house, too.

Liv said...

clean house? what is that? how do you pronounce it? kleeeen? huh--owse?


yuh. as if.

slow panic said...

OK, I do that same freak out before we travel -- except I never clean anything. I just freak out that I should....

Lee said...

Laura's head would explode if she visited my home. Glad things are back to normal! Have a happy holiday!

Bob said...

De - I kinda hope it snows and sticks too, I just hope my snow & ice driving skills are appropriately reawakened.

liv - it's pronounced pain in the ass.

jodi - getting ready for these trips would be SO much easier if it were confined to the freak out and not the actual willy-nilly that ensues.

Bob said...

Lee! - uh, she doesn't care about other people's homes, just ours.

hoppy halidays to you too.