Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mixed Signals

A co-worker (who's cube is outside of my office on the opposite side of a low divider) has an arrangement with me whereby when she gets into an interminable phone conversation she will email me for a rescue. I am to walk over to her cube and "interupt" her with a "work related issue" so she can gracefully get out of the call. Yesterday afternoon I was talking to someone on my cell phone when I look up and see her waving her hand frantically, her head bobbing up and down. I think that I'm speaking too loud (of which I am frequently reminded) and get up and shut the door. I sit back down, still talking, and happen to glance at my screen. Uhoh. I get up, walk around to the office next door and get him to rescue her. I'm still in trouble, though. Maybe a reese cup will help.

0 deeply creased, dogeared comment(s):