Monday, December 25, 2006

and to all a good night.

We had a good, if quiet anniversary. We did a little last-minute Christmas shopping and then went to dinner. Our kids treated us to our favorite japanese steak house. I could bearly move afterwards. Throughout the day we took our time and I was able to make Laura laugh every now and then.

I find that I have taken to blogging somewhat. the mechanics are difficult for me, my punctuation and grammar skills are atrocious. But I have met some new friends and am learning about life from others' prospective. I am also learning a little about myself. The process of writing these posts forces me to think through what I'm writing about.

In any case, I have enjoyed meeting you all and wish for you happy holidays and a Merry Christmas.

P.S. no call from the vet (surprise!). No news is good news, right?

9 deeply creased, dogeared comment(s):

Antonia Cornwell said...

All our Christmas shopping was last-minute, if that makes you feel any better. We got the whole lot done as the shope were shutting on Christmas Eve. Then we got round to putting the decorations up. By which I mean I did.

I'm glad you've taken to blogging, Bob, and I'm very happy to have made your acquaintance through the magic of the Interweb. A very happy Christmas to you and the family, and fingers crossed for Stripes.

urban-urchin said...

Merry, Merry Christmas my new friend. I am certainly glad you have taken to blogging. Maybe you will have a Christmas miracle for Stripes.

Now back to the Eggnog!

Ian said...

Merry Christmas! My thoughts are with you and Stripes.

Girlplustwo said...

merriest to you...

and yes, no news is good news.

thailandchani said...

I see absolutely no problem with your writing at all.. and you always have something interesting to say. I hope you will continue blogging. :)


peace,

~Chani

Mother of Invention said...

You certainly do learn a lot about people and their world and can't help but learn about yourself as you see where you fit in with all the others. We all can relate to each other in some small and sometimes big way, and usually can comment on something.
Blog on!

I hope Stripes can hold his own for awhile longer, but if not, I'm sure he has contributed a great del to your lives, and you to his by providing such a loving home and companionship.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, Cheers, Blog On!

Our wedding anniversary is this Friday. I am fried by Christmas and hope for a little peace and quiet.

meno said...

I haven't noticed any issues with your spelling and punctuation. But mine's not so great that i would criticize others. I hope all is well with Stripes.
Happy Anniversary.

Bob said...

Antonia: glad we weren't the only ones hunting last minute inspiration at the mall.

Urban Urchin: I hope it was the "good" eggnog - the kind that is kept in a bowl by itself away from the others....

Ian: Thanks, I hope Esme had a fabulous first Christmas.

Jen: Thank you - it was merrily subdued.

Chani: You are sweet to say so, despite my love of the comma and dash.

Mother Of Invention: I am often accused of having something to say about everything!

De: I suggest plenty of Champagne for Friday. Good for restoring the festive mood.

Meno: Thanks, I hope everyone else turns the same blind eye to my grammatical foibles.

Thanks again to you all for your well wishes for Stripes - and me!