Monday, January 29, 2007

cough, cough, hack, hack, *splat* - so that's what it looks like.

I think I am back in the world of the living. I won't commit myself until I make it the rest of the day. Except for Tuesday morning and another attempt Thursday morning, I have been either in bed or on the couch. I doubt I have any lungs left as I have been coughing them out for the past 10 days. The *official* diagnosis is viral bronchitis with a prognosis of "wait it out". (This is from a man with 12-14 years of training, x years of practice and a 6 or 7 figure income - an expert in the field. go figure.) I am still waiting, albeit from my desk now instead of the couch.

Laura is almost over hers, as she didn't have nearly as bad a case as I do. She only missed 1.5 days of work. She is back to planning for her trip. She's talking to her sisters about the pros & cons of buying a 14 day rail pass (@$330 per person) or renting a car (@$700) while they are there. They are beginning to talk about what they want to see, about Scotland vs. Paris for the weekend, etc.

I am back to shopping for cameras and hope to wrap it up soon. Thanks for all of your suggestions & advice - I still haven't quite made up my mind, though. Also, thanks for all of your well-wishes regarding my on-going cheating of death - I hope to continue to do so, but it is difficult with most of my lungs strewn about the house. Wish me luck.

7 deeply creased, dogeared comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Ten days' worth of lungs strewn about? Kinda minimizes the diaper-blow-out incident from yesterday.

You have my condolences - I hope those dark days of being so sick you've forgotten what it feels like otherwise are soon over.

meno said...

So rumors of your death were greatly exagerated. I am glad for you.

But isn't coughing ghood for the stomach muscles?

Mother of Invention said...

Glad you're back in the land of the living..(and the hacking!. Hope you're back to 100% soon! Neat for Laura to look forward to a trip and start planning!

thailandchani said...

Sounds like you are coming back to the land of the living, yes... I've had that before so I can empathize with your situation.

Hope you'll be in full recovery soon! No more leaving lungs laying around the house ~ or bits of lung. It's unseemly. :0)


Peace,

~Chani

Bob said...

De - diaper blowout? Urgh. Been there, done that, got the stains on the t-shirt. I feel for you.

Meno - if that were true, I'd have ripped abs by now. I only wish.

Mother of Invention - Thanks. Now that I'm capable, I'm getting excited again for Laura too.

Chani - It has required a good bit of cleaning, but I think I've got most of the alveoli picked up.

Anonymous said...

Form is content: good humor is more worthy than any edifying platitude about the human's fate.

urban-urchin said...

There you are!

I know phlem all to well these days and vomit (but I digress.)

Here's to your continued recovery *raising a glass of Theraflu*