Friday, December 22, 2006

'Tis The Season.......

First I would like to thank each of you for the sentiments expressed regarding Stripes and Laura. It means a lot to me.

Stripes: according to today's blood work, his numbers are a little better. He's eaten some. They have him on some kind of an I.V. treatment. BUT - he will have to stay over the holiday weekend. They won't be open but have promised to call Sunday to let us know how he is. I took Laura to see him today. He was happy to see her. It was hard to leave him there. I am afraid that this is the beginning of the end for Stripes. They are being extremely careful not to say that he will recover his kidney function or to give us much hope for his future. Right now they are hinting that if he stabilizes he will require some kind of treatment from now on.

Laura got off of work early and I have started my holiday vacation so we were going to try shopping for the kids. But by the time we got up with the vet and got to visit Stripes no one wanted to shop. On top of that tomorrow is our 22nd wedding aniversary and neither of us are acting real exited about it. We aren't doing much special, just going out to dinner at a nice restaurant and maybe a movie. I hope I can bring Laura out of herself and that she can be happy for a little while. I'm gonna try.

4 deeply creased, dogeared comment(s):

urban-urchin said...

Happy Anniversary! Fingers crossed for Stripes.

meno said...

All that matters is that you try to make her happy.
Thinking good thoughts for Stripes.

Bob said...

Thank you both. I think I'll break out some of the new year's champagne early.

Antonia Cornwell said...

Oh Bob - my heart goes out to you all. I have two cats aged 11 and 12 and I dread the day when their time is up.

When I first lost a cat to a passing car, my then boyfriend said to me "Everything has a life. A beginning, and an end. It's up to us to make the middle bit as good as possible." I found that really comforting and I hope it helps at least a teeny bit for you too.

I'd find it hard to celebrate under the circumstances too, but I hope you have as happy an anniversary as possible. All the best.