Wednesday, December 05, 2007

take note


take note
Originally uploaded by greens n cornbread
I'd been nominated chauffeur for the accounting guys that came in last weekend - kinda fell into it, actually as I'd been driving while everyone was gone. I had been relegated back to rider status when they returned and reclaimed their vehicles, but when the accountants came in the head honcho here dug out an extra car (it had been parked in his garage since his wife went home) and gave it to me. Pretty much with the understanding that I would accomodate them. And actually, I've had a good time taking them places (despite the parking ticket) and have seen more of downtown this week than the 5 weeks previous. Of course, I haven't had much time to do this in the last 5 weeks, but them needing a ride gave me the confidence to tackle down down traffic and to find places. I've decided next time I'm here I'll spend more time doing that - heading off downtown, finding the places I wanted to go this trip but didn't feel comfortable asking anyone to take me or brave enough to do it on my own. With familiarity comes confidence.

Tomorrow is my last day at work, and if today was any guage, it will be a bitch. I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to fit in last minute meetings and training sessions. I am going in early to get some grunt work done before everyone else gets there. I've been asked out to dinner tomorrow by one of the local guys, I am looking forward to it - I just hope the head guy here isn't organizing anything or I'll have to decide which to attend.

I will admit that I am using the last of my patience, I am so anxious to get on that airplane and go home. In a way I hope tomorrow is busy, it will fly by. A little shopping Friday morning and leave mid-afternoon. And not a moment too soon.

1 day and a wake-up.

night

5 deeply creased, dogeared comment(s):

Liv said...

did you know that NaBlo is over?? You're a machine!

meno said...

I can hear the relief in your "voice" to be going home.

amusing said...

YAY!
This is the worst, isn't it?
So close, and yet so far?

Hang in there!

Lynnea said...

you should get yourself an advent calendar while they are still around (when you get back I mean) and save it for the next trip, then you could count down the days till you get to come home while eating chocolate which is beneficial for well-being as you know.

so happy its almost over

JCK said...

Safe trip home, Bob. Love that photo of the taxi sign. Beautifully lit.