Thursday, November 22, 2007

day 22

Happy Thanksgiving!

I worked 12 hours today, left and went to eat a turkey buffet at Ric's. There were two kinds of turkey (smoked and fried), 3 kinds of dressing, two kinds of potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, sweet potatoe casserole, glazed carrots, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, pineapple fluff and a pumpkin cake roll.

lots of food, and it was okay - really. Not spectacular, but okay. We took our time and b.s.'d about this and that and made jokes about how it was the best turkey we'd ever had - here. it was the first and only turkey any of us had had here, but that's beside the point. Some Foster's helped wash it down and livened things up a bit.

I talked to my family a few minutes ago, they had just sat down to their turkey dinner. I wish I were there.

I wish that you all have a happy thanksgiving, surrounded by your families.

Tomorrow - off to the Saudi border.

7 deeply creased, dogeared comment(s):

Girlplustwo said...

happy thanksgiving, Bob. i am sure today must be hard for you to be so far away from family.

take good care.

Rachel said...

happy thanksgiving to you! Im sorry you miss your family, but you'll be home soon enough!

have fun at the border.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds like they had almost as much food as we did...groan. One day closer to coming home. I'm sure your family misses you quite a lot.

Lynnea said...

Happy Turkey Day Bob!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm nowhere near any of my family celebrating and my husband is stuck at a Boy Scouts meeting. We'll be doing the dinner thing on Saturday. I feel ya.

Sounds like you had a decent (albeit mediocre) meal. But heck, better than tv dinner?

Sending good thoughts on a speedy return home.

meno said...

Happy Thanksgiving Bob. A turkey buffet beats eating at McDonalds, but only just barely.

Liv said...

Thankful for these things:

that you can still report back to us.

that I've gotten to meet you via these internets.

that thanksgiving is ultimately more of a state of mind than a day.

amusing said...

College.
Christmas.
Paris.
Dinner at McDonalds.
"Le Sandwich de Poisson, s'il vous plait."
Cracks me up to this day.